Tuesday 14 May 2013

Mini Chimichangas (by G)

For Tortilla Tuesday today I felt like faux Mexican food so I bring you Chimichangas. Chimichanga is spanish for 'thingamajig' - when the inventor dropped a tortilla in the deep fryer in error she started saying 'Oh Fuck' (Chingada) but cleverly covered the profanity by saying 'Chimichanga' (this is one version of the story according to Wiki and should be treated with much suspicion).

These are filled with barbecued chicken, chopped tomato and spring onions - wrapped in a tortilla and oven baked. Traditionally (if you can call bastardising Mexican food a tradition) the chimichanga is fried, but I though the oil might soak into them.  In the photo below I've doused my chimichangas in sriracha (not tomato sauce) and served with avocado, spring onion, coriander and lime guacamole.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

CHIMICHANGAS!