Thursday 9 May 2013

Pasta Bake (by Biggs)


I'm calling this a pasta bake as opposed to ‘mac and cheese’ because a) the supermarket had sold out of macaroni so I had to use spirals, and b) it’s vegetarian night so it doesn't have bacon in it....a 'mac and cheese' staple. It does have a huge amount of salt, pepper, garlic, onion, parsley and cheese in it but for some reason it tasted like nothing….absolutely nothing…which was awfully disappointing.

The other day I noticed our unit complex gardens have nastirsum plants in them so I thought I’d include some in the bean and tomato salad. As I was adding the leaves and flowers I had a nervous moment when I thought maybe it isn't actually nastirsum. I’m still not sure if it is so if there’s no dinner post tomorrow you’ll know I've poisoned us. It was bound to happen eventually. 



1 comment:

G said...

Maybe it's because I've had nothing but green tea all day but I don't think dinner was too bland. I doused my second helping in sriracha which definitely hotted things up again.