Thursday 2 May 2013

Mushrooms on Toast (by Biggs)

I'm not meant to feel like my arteries are going to give way on vegetarian night but thanks to Soignon's fromage de chèvre (Soignon's cheese of the goat)... I do.

Tonight I made "fancy" mushrooms on toast complete with avocado, asparagus, chives and of course the cheese of the goat. The mushrooms were fried off with thyme and sage, salt and pepper. I got us new salt and pepper today and to avoid buyer's remorse decided to use it incredibly liberally straight away. It sure paid off. Dinner was pretty satisfying.

I served it with crisps because I saw it done once in the U.S. of A. and thought it was genius.

1 comment:

G said...

You can't go wrong with mushrooms on toast, nicely flavoured - especially with the addition of avocado and goaty cheese.

It's been months since I had potato crisps - they were a rustic addition to what was otherwise a very elegant dish.