Wednesday 15 May 2013

Chicken Rice (by G)

Don't get excited - it's not an awesome version of Singaporean chicken rice. This is a traditional family recipe of chicken and vegetables stewed in canned cream of chicken soup and served over rice.

I'm getting super lazy with my dinner prep because today I used leftover barbecued chicken from yesterday, frozen vegetables and canned soup... I cooked the rice from scratch though.

The flavor was blander than usual - I put this down to buying the fancy country style chicken soup instead of the usual stuff  made from the sad cadged (and super flavourful) chickens.  A last minute dash of soy sauce saltied it up nicely.



1 comment:

Biggs said...

I hated this dinner when I was a kid. I think it predisposed me to rice not being one of my favourite things. But, G does a good version.

I agree he should revert back to the salt and fat ridden no name canned chicken soup. I find it unlikely it has caged chicken in it as I find it unlikely it has any actual chicken in it at all.