Wednesday 8 May 2013

Pappardelle with Tasty Things (by Biggs)

My very generous friend Bonnie took me out for dinner tonight and we decided to go to the ever popular Spaghetti House Trattoria in West End. The reservation website was very specific that it was a "romantic/first date" restaurant so we thought it was best to start the night with a GIANT Sapporo around the corner at Cobbler Bar.

I must admit after a GIANT Sapporo and a delicious glass of wine I forgot about taking a photo for Tortilla Tuesday until half way through my meal so please note....the photo does not do this dinner justice. We started the night with mozzarella and pesto on sourdough and some olives and I then moved on to an order of pappardelle with tasty things including porcini and pancetta. It was great but I did get some serious order envy when Bonnie's veal saltimbocca with gnocchi was delivered to the table. My computer spell check just tried to change the word 'saltimbocca' to 'bombastically' so I guess it's tried the food at Spaghetti House before.

Bombastic!


No comments: