Friday 3 May 2013

Pork Belly Adobo a la Sheldon (by G)

Biggs and I were rewatching TopChef Season 10 the other day and I saw Sheldon make a pork belly adobo in restaurant wars - I wrote it in my notebook... 'Adobo'.

Happily I found his exact recipe and here it is, copied as closely as I could:


The only differences are: I couldn't find 'Aloha' brand soy sauce, my mung beans were not shelled (hence the greenish tinge of the puree), I have no idea what sweet onions are so I used shallots, we are not eating a 4 course meal so I served it with bread and I couldn't let the pork skin go to waste - hence the crackle... obviously Sheldon is a professional so there was also a gap in skill level.

That said, this is a brilliant dish - it takes time to make (mostly sitting and waiting) but not difficult.  If you eat only one meal this year it should be this one, seriously.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

If you eat only one meal this year it should be this one, seriously.