Saturday 4 May 2013

Porky White Bean Stew (by G)

I'd bought and soaked white beans for last nights dinner before I managed to find the required mung beans for the puree.  Given that they were already soaked I thought I should use them before they died.

Cassoulet is the obvious use, but a bit too much of an effort.

The stew comprises pork belly, pork chipolattas, chorizo, white beans, carrots, celery, onion, corn, garlic, bay leaves and thyme stewed with half a tin of tomatos and chicken stock.

The beans were still a bit firm but the fat on the pork belly was soft and unctuous... as mine now is.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was great for what is a bit of a chilly night. Tasty and warming and satisfying. The only issue I had with it is that G once did cook cassoulet and it blew my mind. I'm hoping he cooks it again one day soon. With that being said porky white bean stew was tops and I dicovered it pairs beautifully with a small glass of port.