Thursday 23 May 2013

Cauliflower and Potato Curry (by Biggs)

Today I made a cauliflower and potato curry. Sort of like a fake Gobi Aloo with cumin (seeds and powdered), garlic, ginger, paprika, garam masala, turmeric and coriander  I served it with raita because it seemed really dry. There are so many recipes for raita on the internet I have no idea what's genuine and what's not but this one has ginger, mustard seeds, cumin and cucumber, topped with paprika. I based it on what we had available in the pantry.

I've finally admitted to myself that I'm shit at cooking rice. I've been taught a billion times, read heaps about it and understand it's a very easy process but I'm so bad at it I was thrilled to discover packet rice today. 90 seconds in the microwave and you're sorted. I cheated even more with the pappadums which came pre-done in a bag.

The curry and raita I did make....it turned out pretty flavourless.


1 comment:

G said...

I was looking forward to this curry but it did turn out to be a bit flavourless. I'm not sure why that is.

Sadly I think the addition of meat would be an improvement.