Saturday 11 May 2013

Roast Beef with a Bone Marrow Entree (by G)

I've been hearing about bone marrow for a long time but have never tried it (or even been to a restaurant where it's served).  When I saw it in the supermarket today I thought it would be a good time to try it - especially as it's less than $5 a kilo.  I over cooked it so it got liquidy and I personally found it a bit confronting because it smelled just like a cow before it has been made delicious with heat and salt.


For main was roasted beef with roasted potatoes, roasted sweet potato and snow peas.  It wasn't the best roast I've ever done - the potatoes were not crispy even though I did the super secret scoring trick.  On occasions like this, when I've done everything right and the potatoes still don't get crispy, I (correctly) blame the potatoes.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

Wow - Saturday night just got special with a fancy fancy dinner.

The bone marrow was okay. It tasted like mushrooms but sure did leak out a whole lot of oily gunk. And before I knew what we were having for dinner I did comment that there was an odd wet dog smell coming from the kitchen. I still enjoyed it.

The snow peas were excellent.