Thursday 3 July 2014

Beef Singapore Noodles (by Biggs)

My strategy tonight was to cook dinner from a recipe on the back of a noodle packet. There was a huge choice of noodles, and therefore recipes but for some reason I went with the most uninteresting recipe available - beef, Singpore noodles. I'm sure beef noodles in Singapore would be amazing but in our household (when I'm cooking) they are AVERAGE.

I'm so crap at stir-fries. This is known. A well established fact. I shouldn't have tried dabbling in it again.

Everyone else finds stir-fries quite easy but I just can't get them right.

This one had beef mince, garlic, ginger, carrot, baby corn, mushrooms, bok choy, now peas, kecap manis and oyster sauce. Oh yeah, and ZERO FLAVOUR. Damn it! Also, a really weird amount of liquid leeched out of everything any time I added an ingredient.

1 comment:

G said...

I think if Biggs hadn't tried to sell this dinner as a stir fry she would be in a happier frame of mind. It was a pretty good mix of colourful things - I'm pretty content.