Thursday 31 July 2014

Fish Tortillas with Tomato Salsa (by Biggs)

I thought my idea for tortillas this week was so good I moved Tortilla Tuesday to Tortilla Thursday as I was out on Tuesday and decided we had to eat this as soon as possible. I was wrong.

As some of you may remember I had to order a packet of beer batter when I purchased my old bay spice a few weeks ago so thought some fried fish tortillas would be nice. Unfortunately I forgot the key ingredient in the batter - the old bay spice! Damn it! So, the fish didn't taste like anything. Trying to learn from G's mistake yesterday I ordered more than a handful of whiting fillets.....a lot more, too much more.

The salsa was de-seeded tomatoes, red onion, jalapeƱos, coriander and lime. It was meant to have avocado in it but the one I bought wasn't quite ready for consumption.

We don't eat a lot of fish but I hope the double-dose of brain food this week will make up for past damage done.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think Biggs was a bit disappointed with dinner but I thought it was pretty good. The fish and salsa went well together - something about the raw red onion. It did require a bit of sriracha to bring out the full flavours.