Saturday 12 July 2014

Portuguese Style Chicken (by G)

Today, Portuguese style chicken - it turned out pretty well.  The sauce was the star - a mix of oil, lemon juice, raw garlic, birds eye chillies, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper blitzed up. Biggs is a bit sensitive to heat so I used the minimum number of chillies recommended in the recipe (4) and doubled the quantities of the other ingredients. It turned out to be like a spicy garlic aioli.

I marinated the chicken for about an hour then oven baked it, then added some more sauce and grilled them to get the colour.  I wasn't too sure about appropriate sides so I cut a sweet potato into chips and oven roasted them and boiled some sweet corn.

My dinner in particular would have been amazing if I hadn't dropped it on the ground - no matter, it was still pretty good.

The sauce was great, someone should bottle it - they would make a fortune.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was great. Particularly great since my wasn't dropped on the ground. It sure was amusing when G bumbled about regularly dropping things and spilling shit everywhere. Dinner and a show....what more could one ask for?

PS: Best dinner in living memory. My memory's not great but great dinner none the less.