Thursday 10 July 2014

Chicken Drummies and Rice (by Biggs)

Tonight (the night before pay day) I decided to use one of the cheapest cuts of meat I know of to make dinner - the chicken drumstick. $3 a kilo.....amazing. I bet the chicken aren't too happy about that. I sure as hell wouldn't sell one of my legs at that price.

In an attempt to do them justice, I marinated them in honey, soy, garlic and ginger and sprinkled them with sesame seeds. After quite some time in the oven the soy almost caramalised to vegemite. Luckily we like vegemite.

After racking my brain all day about what to compliment the drummies with, I was super pumped with my sudden genius idea of fried rice. No one has ever thought of that before!

The rice worked out exactly how I wanted. Some rice fried off in bacon fat, with bacon, frozen veges and a little egg mixed through.

I hope it tasted okay. I have a pretty bad head cold so can't actually taste anything. Time for bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I ate this - chicken and rice. It tasted just like it - and bacon is always a good touch.