Tuesday 15 July 2014

Crumbed Chicken Tortillas with Citrus, Coriander Salad (by Biggs)

I walked into the supermarket today with no idea what we were going to have for dinner. It was likely going to be tortillas so I let that idea lead the way and headed straight to the Old El Paso aisle.

I saw one pre-made packet plan of crunchy chicken crumbed in spicy something and thought it looked splendid so went with it. I opened the box, removed the tortillas, the crumb mix and got rid of the remaining processed sauces and spices.

The crumb mix was nice and savoury and salty so I tossed some chicken tenders in it and oven baked them. They were then served with the tortillas, some sriracha, sour cream and a salad of packet coleslaw, coriander and the juice of a lime and some left over lemon.

The only unfortunate thing was, as soon as I served dinner up it went cold in our crisp 'Sunshine State' weather. If only we were in Florida right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought we were in Florida and that was alligator - tasted like chicken. Tasty chicken with complimentary fixing.

I liked it - I don't know why you'd name a company after the Spanish word for step.