Friday 4 July 2014

Moroccan Style Chicken with CousCous and such (G)

I had chicken drumstick so I Moroccaned them. After browning the legs I fried some onions and garlic, then added lemon juice, cumin, cardamom powder, ginger powder, half a stick of cinnamon, a tin of tomatoes and a couple of cups of chicken style stock. Once the chicken was cooked I removed it, added some honey and black olives to the sauce and reduced it until thickened. At the last minute I added some fresh coriander.

Everyone knows that a dinner is not Moroccan without couscous. This one was simply made by frying off onion and garlic then adding couscous, chopped tomato, olives and stock and simmering until cooked. After that I added coriander, lemon zest and toasted almond flakes.

For no real reason I also oven baked some pumpkin (with the same spices as the chicken) and fried some halloumi. I didn't think halloumi was Moroccan but the internet has plenty of Moroccan recipes with halloumi so it must be true...

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was the most flavourful meal we've had in many many moons which made me very happy. I'm not even sure what was the best thing on the plate. It was all good. And that's saying something when there's halloumi on offer. I did particularly like the addition of the olives though. Meanwhile, if you need to trick your kids to eat pumpkin I really suggest Morocaning it. Delicious.