Saturday 26 July 2014

Pulled Pork Roll Supper (by G)

I had grand plans for dinner - then ruined them somewhat by taking a nap in the afternoon and not waking up until about 45 minutes past dinner time.

Essentially the plan was to slow roast a delicious pork for about 4 1/2 hours then serve it with home-made tomato sauce and a pickled slaw. That is basically what happened except that the tomato sauce I was making became too bitter from the lemon rinds I had left in there for hours and the slaw became just shredded cabbage for reasons of expedience and the pork turned out to be less delicious that I had expected.

The pork had been seasoned in old bay seasoning before going in the oven - this flavour did not really come out in the final product.  The tomato sauce I ended up serving was basically just tomato ketchup with roasted garlic and Dijon mustard stirred through - it was not too bad but there was only about 20ml of ketchup in the fridge so the quantity was lacking.

Poor Biggs had already fixed herself a kwiki-mart feast by the time I had rolled out of bed, so she was not really receptive to a whole other dinner.

The cornichons were excellent by-the-way.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was better than the vegetarian sausage roll I had from the corner store earlier.