Monday 21 July 2014

Savoury Noodle Soup (by Biggs)

Dinner tonight came from the back of a thin egg noodle packet and was meant to be chicken noodle soup. I made some substitutes and variations but it didn't go too far wrong.

The stock was some of G's chicken-style stock in a pouch with spring onions, soy and fish sauce, sesame oil and some dried mushrooms. The recipe suggested 6 mushrooms, I used about 30 which turned the stock into a savoury mushroom soup....definitely not a chicken soup.

There was also some chicken that had been poached in the stock, an egg, some fresh spring onion and I replaced the recipe suggestion of bean sprouts and lettuce (?) with bacon.

Dinner was fine. I cooked about 5 times too many noodles. I could only find one bowl which meant I ate my soup off a plate but the meal was definitely not as offensive as others I have cooked.

1 comment:

G said...

I don't think I've had bacon and eggs in a soup before - I liked the breakfast soup. The noodles were nice, classier than a 5 minute noodle.