Thursday 24 July 2014

Meaty Mush with the Lot (by G)

I had a cracking headache when I finished work today and was not really in the right frame of mind to shop for dinner. I bought some stir-fry steak and a packet of instant stir-fry vegetables and a mushroom.

My headache had passed by the time I got home but somehow my brain had not re-booted. I tried to fry the beef but only managed to stew it a bit. After that I fried some red onion, the mushroom, some cooked rice I found in the freezer, some ham hock (I had originally defrosted this for dinner but forgotten about it). Then I added the stir-fry vegetables and the beef along with some uncooked 2 minute noodles. After this had simmered down to a sludgy mush I flavoured it with a sauce of soy, ketjap manis, sake, rice wine vinegar, garlic powder, a little bit of chicken style stock, the flavour sachets that came with the noodles and some corn flour.

I don't think Biggs and I own anything edible that did not go into this dinner. It seemed to taste okay before I covered my serve in sriracha, after which it tasted predominantly of sriracha.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Boy, this was a good one. I do like a noodle mush. I initially said that this was better than anything at the Night Noodle Markets. That was probably going a bit far. However, there was an excellent meat to mush ratio.