Friday 25 July 2014

Debreziner and Kransky (by Biggs)

A work collegue recently went to our formerly much-loved German Club and it made me think it's been a while since a German feast. Then I noticed spaetzle in the supermaket. It was meant to be.

My memory of German Club spaetzle is that it had plenty of butter and parsley in it so I used the same theme. I also chose a couple of types of sausage, a comforting kransky and a tasty debreziner, and served them sliced and fried....reminiscent of the 'sausage taster' I once had at Duckstein in Swan Valley.

I thought mustard would go well but stupidly dumped half a jar of hot English on each of our plates and almost killed my brother. Shame. Lucky he had a great last supper.

I also served a vegetable - broccolini - but made it a bit healthier with the addition of bacon, garlic and chili.

Happy Friday, Readers!

1 comment:

G said...

1I thought serving half a jar of hot English mustard with sausages was ingeniously hilarious - still, the sausages were good and the spaetzle (I'm sketchy on the details but I gather it was packeted) was excellent. Though I don't remember much about it I'm sure I appreciated the broccolini and bacon.