Saturday 11 April 2015

Bacon and Egg Tarts (by Biggs)

A cold snap hit Brisbane this week and immediately grounded me with a lurgy. G was still keen for me to cook dinner but insisted I get some disinfectant wipes to use regularly throughout the cooking process.

I made bacon and egg tarts. The "best ever" bacon and egg tarts according to The Meat Shed website I got the recipe from. Puff pastry rounds were filled with bacon, onion, cheese and an egg mix. The mix was meant to be eggs and cream but I used sour cream instead. They were tasty little treats to be sure. A little more bacon wouldn't have gone astray but that's the case for most meals.

The recipe called to be served with tomato relish. Luckily Fi recently put herself to work with a box of over-ripe tomatoes and gifted everyone with a jar of magic. This is her third batch and is a cracker....literally a cracker.....this stuff is as addictive as crack.

1 comment:

G said...

These were some puffy puff pastry tarts. If I were to make a suggestion I would recommend less pastry and more bacon. Infact tarts set in a bacon shell would be an ideal kind of tart.