Saturday 25 April 2015

Fried Cheese, Pork Cheeks and Tarte Tatin (by Biggs)

Tonight, Fi, Dan and I hosted a bit of a dinner party for our friends Ria and John to celebrate their recent engagement.

Celebrations call for fried cheese so I did just that....fried some cheese. I coated some camembert wedges with honey then double-coated them in breadcrumbs with Fi's assistance. They were then fried to perfection and served on a salad of lettuce, walnuts, pear and bacon. The salad could have done with more pear to balance things out but it was goodish. Did I mention the fried cheese?

Dan then made his celebration meal of pork cheeks in apple cider. He's been trying to perfect this dish since a trip to France last year and I'm happy to keep eating it while he does. The pork cheeks were beautiful. I'm not sure what went down in the kitchen but the meal was delayed an hour or two while Dan "tried to salvage dinner". If it was going down hill at some stage, Dan definitely did salvage it. It was lovely.

Dessert was an apple tarte tatin which Dan has perfected - highlight of the meal I think.



No comments: