Thursday 23 April 2015

Red Hook (by Biggs)

Fi, Kirst and I headed out to dinner tonight. Fi was keen to try Red Hook, a New York Street Food place and convinced me with the statement "You like Old Bay Spice".

We ordered all of the sides, some of which were good, some not so good.

On the not so good side:
  • Popcorn chicken - dry, with not much chicken
  • Battered pickles - flavourless, with not much pickle
On the good side:
  • Fries - complete with salt and vinegar
  • Chicken wings - tasty, can't go wrong with a chicken wing
On the excellent, excellent, excellent side:
  • Macaroni cheese squares - crumbed, deep-fried mac 'n' cheese
YES!

I had looked at the menu quickly earlier in the week and was really keen to try the lobster roll. It just seemed like a proper arse-hole move whilst at dinner with friends with seafood allergies and gluten intolerances so I gave it a miss tonight. Not that they would have cared. All my friends are awesome no rules/no judgement types but, I will come again for my lobster roll. 



No comments: