Tuesday 28 April 2015

Beef Skewer Tortillas (by G)

I thought it might be fun to try something different and make some skewers that would slide right off the stick onto tortillas.

These are beef skewers - cubes of beef marinated in paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder then dusted with salt and then grilled. I served them with simple accompaniments - onion I had soaked in water to take out a bit of the bite, cucumber, avocado, sour cream mixed with coriander, lime and salt... and of course there were a few wholemeal tortillas (I couldn't find any plain ones but the wholemeal type were pretty good).

The flavouring on the beef didn't create much of a taste sensation in the mouth, though you could taste it in a kind of heart-burny way in your chest afterwards.

Dinner didn't turn out quite as I had hoped, but skewers are awesome, therefore dinner was awesome.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This dinner was really quite good. I was delightfully surprised by the wholemeal tortillas!