Thursday 16 April 2015

Thank Truck it's Thursday (by Biggs)

I'd heard rumours of a food truck bonanza that is held in Fish Lane every Thursday and tonight G and I decided to check it out. I wouldn't exactly call four trucks a bonanza but it was still pretty great. Given there were four truck we decided to try four things....perhaps it's a good thing there weren't sixteen trucks on offer.

I wasn't too excited about the taco truck given we have tacos so frequently but was then charmed by the name "Juan More Taco", then was further charmed by the fact they had stubbie coolers for sale, then was totally sold by their delicious, delicious tacos. There was a spicy chicken one and a slow cooked pork one and we located the beer tent.

Next was a triple pig burger from a pig truck, or a meat truck, or something....I'm sure it had an equally nifty name but I didn't take note as I was onto my next beer by then. Pork, bacon, chorizo, beer? Yes.

We then moved onto eating a craptacular Philly Cheese Steak which I care not to discuss further.

Dessert was a salami pizza. G was highly impressed with the pizza guy and even came back with a business card in case we want to host a pizza party. If this is the standard of pizza that would be served at said pizza party, then I'm keen to have a pizza party. The green olives G requested as an extra were a stroke of genius.




1 comment:

G said...

The tortillas were definitely a highlight and the cheese steak (as is always the case for some reason) was a lowlight. The pizza dude had actual dessert pizzas on the menu but I prefer my dessert with pepperoni and big chunks of olive.