Sunday 19 April 2015

BBQ Korma Koftas (by Biggs)

Tonight's dinner is brought to you by the Northey Street City Farm Markets. Bon and I dropped in there after breakfast today to pick up our respective dinner produce. We arrived fairly late in the proceedings so I had to get beef instead of lamb but dinner was still pretty tasty.

I made the koftas from beef mince, onion, coriander, mint and korma paste. I was fairly heavy handed with the korma paste but G seemed to enjoy it and it balanced nicely with the yoghurt garlic sauce. The yoghurt was made from goats milk and, I thought, was an absolute win. It tasted a lot more savoury and cheesy than the regular stuff.

My belief is that koftas can only be cooked on the BBQ so I fired that up. Well, technically I misfired it the first time but managed to get it going eventually. It occurs to me that evening BBQs, or fires at the very least, are the only thing that can help quell the Sunday night blues.

1 comment:

G said...

I thought the koftas were excellent, especially having been cooked over coals. In my head I thought they were made from lamb, which leads me to believe that - with correct spicing - even soylent green could taste like lamb. I agree with Biggs about the yoghurt - better than the usual kind.