Tuesday 7 April 2015

Crispy Chicken and Kiss Pepper Tortillas (by Biggs)

It's been a while since I've been on the tortilla train. But then, let's be honest, it's been a while since I've been on the cooking train in it's entirety.

I arrived home too late from work to get homemade tortillas on the table in time for our pre-appointed dinner o'clock so, this evening, relied on packet ones. The crumb on the chicken is also a from a packet....in fact it came in the same box as the tortillas.

The original idea for these tortillas was to pickle the red onions but I got lazy at the last minute and went with, er....slicing them instead. Then I mushed up some coriander, lime and two avocados - one ripe, one not - bringing some mystery to the eating adventure.

Lastly I served a side of kiss peppers - my new favourite peppers. I first ran into these peppers on a tapas platter down in Sydney and was mighty impressed with the little bites of vinegary fruit. I then stumbled upon them again at the Brazilian BBQ place a couple of weeks ago. G sensibly saved one on his plate and asked the waitress - "What is this?". Turns out it's a kiss pepper and the Brazilian BBQ place had jars of them for sale. I like that when this jar runs out we have to go back for all-you-can-eat meat to get a new jar.

1 comment:

G said...

'Crispy Chicken and Kiss Peppers' is the name of my debut single. I was inspired by some excellent tortillas I had once.