Friday 10 April 2015

Night Market Treats (by Biggs)

Tonight I joined some of my lady friends at the night markets for some good old fashioned foozing. I kicked it off by gathering us some pork buns and pork gyoza.....and beer.

We then moved onto a nacho-type thing that was fresh and tasty but virtually impossible to share without dumping most of it down your chest.

Next came the hit of the night - Tibetan momos. Delicious! Sadly, Fi only bought these so she could tell a lame joke. I can't even really remember the joke now but she insisted it was featured on the blog so, I think it was something like "I meant to get empanadas but was distracted for a momo".

Then we got empanadas. They took a loooong time to cook but we're worth it in the end. One was shredded beef, one was shredded chicken and the other, black beans and cheese.

Finally, we finished the night with donuts. Gluten free donuts which are virtually unheard of. Gluten doesn't bother me. I could eat it by the bucket load but it does send Kirst down a black hole of misery so this was an absolute treat for her. A treat for the rest of us too. They were great. The donut guy's truck was swamped so I guess everyone else thought so too.

Great night, perfect start to the weekend!







No comments: