Thursday 23 April 2015

Hotdogs with Fennel Apple Slaw (by G)

The inspiration for this meal came from the delightful Rachael Khoo, though she should take none of the blame for the styling - that is entirely my fault.

The slaw is a combination of fennel, apple, cabbage, lemon juice and some oil. I don't normally like fruit in dinner but the apple was great in the slaw. Not seen are the red onions caramelised with red wine vinegar.

The most disappointing aspect of dinner was the roll. I bought some rustic Pana de Casa Vienna rolls for the look - they were immensely dense and unyeilding. In retrospect I wish I had just bought the normal highly processed, fluffy white hotdog rolls.

In the end I ditched the rolls and just had the sausages, onions and slaw by themselves - excellent.

No comments: