Sunday 7 April 2013

Basa with Vegetables and Mojo Sauce (by G)

Again the photo doesn't do the meal justice... but it was pretty good. Biggs left home at 10 am this morning saying she would be home for dinner - that was nearly 12 hours ago now so I can only assume she is passed out in a jus of her own bile somewhere on the North Side.

The fish is Basa, which it probably poisonous: http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=61416. Basa is, however, boneless with nice texture and so cheap. I'm pretty sure there the apocalypse is less than 6 months off now so I'm not too worried. If cost was not an option I would go with Sword Fish for this dish (even though they are prone to parasites)... you really can't win.

From the picture you might assume I burned the Mojo sauce - I claim it is just a little over-reduced. Toasted walnuts were added for texture.

3 comments:

Biggs said...

No cheese sauce? No good! Although, I would like to try that sauce. Biggs.

Tortilla Tuesday said...

I re-read the Basa article on Snopes after eating dinner and suddenly felt quite ill... I don't know that I'm going to buy that again. There's still one fillet in the freezer, not sure what to do with that. I paid about $2 for it so I'm reluctant to throw it out.

Biggs said...

I'll pay you $5 to throw it out. Biggs.