Saturday 6 April 2013

Roast Pork and Wanton Noodle Soup (by Biggs)

So, when we started this blog G and I agreed it was going to be a dinner blog, not just a cooking blog and tonight I wasn't around for a home cooked dinner. Instead, I joined a friend at the French Film Festival for a showing of Haute Cuisine, a brilliant movie based on Danièle Delpeuch, a female chef appointed by the French President to work in the private kitchen of the Élysée Palace. I highly recommend it. Check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls_qn38kmEY&noredirect=1 .

After the movie we went to dinner at Quan Thanh on Hardgrave Road because you can never have enough fresh tasty Vietnamese food. We started with some great shredded pork rice paper wraps and I was also pretty impressed with the beef salad my friend ordered. A note for first timers - a 'Vietnamese beef salad' is not a 'Vietnamese beef vermicelli noodle salad' and is infact just a plate of finely sliced, barely cooked beef with corriander mixed through. Brilliant. I, on the other hand, ordered a roast pork and wanton noodle soup. Yum!

No comments: