Wednesday 17 April 2013

Spicy Baked Sausages with Miso Glazed Vegetables (by G)

Growing up Biggs and I had our fair share of spicy baked sausages - the recipe came from, I think, the Australian Meat Advisory Board cook book (surprisingly they advised to eat meat). Tonight's meal is a modern take on that 70's recipe - well, I couldn't remember how to make them so I just free styled it.

To the right of the picture are beef chipolatas opened up and baked in the oven with a filling of tomato sauce, worstershire sauce, home made curry paste and home made 'do not consume' fuck-off hot chilli sauce.

The vegetable component is a mix of roasted and fried vegetables (you'll never guess how many types) with a miso glaze inspired by Mr O... that is to say we didn't have all the ingredients so I free-styled that as well. Miso paste, soy sauce, sesame seads, sugar, some more red chilli sauce and again the hot chilli sauce.  Left over corriander was also added for flavour and colour.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

G has a sausage addiction (ha!) and I think this childhood favourite created said addiction. I'm serious. I've spent our time as house-mates making sure he doesn't have access to an unlimited number of sausages otherwise he will eat himself to death. No kidding - quickly eat himself to death. And then who would cook me dinner?

This dinner was great. I don't ever want vegetables without a miso glaze ever again.

G will kick himself but the missing ingredient from the spicy baked sausages was Keen's mustard powder.... tomato sauce, worstershire sauce, mustard powder - that's what the Australian Meat Advisory Board advise. Home made curry paste and home made 'do not consume' fuck-off hot chilli sauce make for a fine substitute.