Monday 22 April 2013

Classic Curried Sausages (by G)

This is not one for the health conscious... there is a surprising amount of butter and cream in this one.

The mash is simply boiled potatoes with butter, cream and salt... the holy trinity.

I haven't had much success with curried sausages before but these were pretty good. Sausages fried off, onions sweated with some carrot. Sausages cut in to pieces and simmered in beef stock and some coconut milk (not traditional or classic but I had some left over).  Once the sauce thickened I added peas and... cream... also some butter for shine.

The whole dish turned out pretty salty, comforting and unapologetically lethal.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I saw the sausages in the fridge this morning and thought to myself, "I hope we're having curried sausages tonight".....and we did. Very comforting, very tasty, went perfectly with a cold beer.