Tuesday 16 April 2013

Beef Steak Tortillas (by G)

The only bad thing about Tortilla Tuesday is that it means there are another 3 days of work before the weekend. Our tortilla press is still on loan so Biggs borrowed a fancy one (thanks Darren and Nancy) - I think they are the best tortillas I've made so far and much of that has got to be down to the press... and goose fat.

Making the filling out of whole steak is a bit tricky in a couple of hours - a touch of meat tenderiser helped things along. Steak seared off and sliced, onions and garlic softened with paprika and some ground cumin. Simmer the whole lot off with a tin of kidney beans and a tin of tomatos - normally I put some stock in as well but tonight I forgot.  I'll have to get a new tortilla recipe some time soon, but I like this one so much I'm scared to experiment.



1 comment:

Biggs said...

G and I tried to work out how many times we've had tortillas. I think 30. He thinks 20.

Let me make it clear:

These. Are. The. Best. Tortillas. We've. Ever. Had.