Friday 5 April 2013

Twice-cooked Chicken on Chorizo Sauce with Rustic Potato and Bacon Crumb (By G)

This is just a simple tomato sauce. Sweated onions, garlic and chorizo - added ground cumin, de-glazed with mirin and added diced tomato.  Once the tomato had desintigrated I added the chicken and water to cover. I thought we had some of those little containers of chicken stock jelly that Marco Pierre White "hand crafts" for Campbells, but only had a sweaty beef stock cube so I added that instead.

Once the chicken started falling off the bone I removed it from the sauce and grilled it off to add colour.  Bow tie pasta added to the sauce to thicken. I also fried off some boiled kipfler potatos with bacon. The corriander on top was added for colour, but in hindsight it looks pretty lame.

I got so excited when I thought to add chorrizo to the sauce that that I forgot to add vegetables...

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I really like when G throws a bunch of great ingredients together and comes out with magic dinners like this one. The lesson of tonight is that twice is exactly how many times chicken should be cooked. The skin was sooooo crispy. In saying that, the best bit of this dinner was that the last of the strange tasting pickled olives have finally been used up. I love olives but those things are wacky. The photo does not do the meal justice. Biggs.