Tuesday 23 April 2013

Pork Tortillas (by G)

I tried to cut some corners with the salsa tonight by blending it in the electric machine - the result is evident in the photo. It was quick to do but everything came out bruised and colourless and the flavour was definitely not as good.

We didn't have any kidney beans so the meat mixture is just pork, onions, paprika, cumin, beef stock and a tin of tomatoes.  Biggs took our loaner tortilla press back to Darren and Nancy - Kylie and Mick still have our cheap one so the tortillas had to be rolled by hand.  I was pretty bummed at not having a press - rolling by hand is not too difficult though and the result was pretty good. We managed to drop the tortillas onto a glass of water and had to refire half a dozen of them...


1 comment:

Biggs said...

I've got to be honest... I don't miss the kidney beans. I do however miss the chopped salsa.

G has worked out how to abolutely nail the tortilla dough with exacting consistency which makes Tuesdays excellent. I'd best get the tortilla press back by next week to avoid G's wrath.