Tuesday 2 April 2013

Halloumi Sliders with Sweet Chilli Sauce (by Biggs)

I recently decided that I should cook at least once a week. I really enjoy cooking but G is much better at it than me and I find it awfully convenient to just sit on the couch and wait to be presented with tasty eats every night. I suspect just to screw me, G decided my meal must be vegetarian and as a result we've had a heavily cheese-based meal at least once a week. As a result of my portion control issues I tried to jam far too much inside the tiny little breadrolls (lovingly hand-crafted by the fine artisian bakers of Woolworths) resulting in them being almost impossible to eat. I was however pretty happy with the fry on the cheese - crispy and melted. So delicious I fried up another packet of halloumi for our dessert.

1 comment:

Tortilla Tuesday said...

Okay, we are contractually obliged to have a vegeterian (?) meal once a week. Biggs promised halloumi burgers some time last week, but, a long weekend combined with apathy meant it had to be put off. Technically today is tortilla Tuesday - halloumi burgers are a sound substitute though. G.