Friday 19 April 2013

Chorizo and Bacon Pasta (by Biggs)

It was a dear friend's Birthday recently so tonight I offered to make dinner to celebrate. Cooking for five is not a talent of mine so I opted for a simple pasta dish. I fried off some garlic, onion, bacon and chorizo then stirred in some passata (cheating) and cream. Basil from a friends garden and salt and pepper to finish. Would have been good if I didn't overcook the pasta but I blame the champagne for that.

Salad was spinich, parsley, goats cheese, walnuts, beetroot and a dressing of mustard, olive oil and lemon juice. The dressing oddly tasted of nothing. The salad was the low-light of the meal even after burning the bread rolls. Once again I blame the champagne. The first time I cooked in this friend's house I set fire to their kitchen (no joke) so this time, all in all, a success I think.

Another friend made an amazing chocolate truffle cake for dessert. Sort of like a flourless chocolate cake sunken in the middle filled with cream and strawberries. There was some fairly heated debate about just uploading a photo of the cake as the dinner picture as it was much more satisfying....for all of the senses.

No comments: