Wednesday 3 April 2013

Pork and Prawn Scotch Egg (By G)

So, I wanted to do scrambled eggs in the shell like in this youtube demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aazP6zvJmiQ and scotch them... I didn't have a long sleeve shirt so I just used a regular shirt, no twine. A lack of focus meant the first egg went on the floor. Substituted the shirt for a clean sock - much more successful. When it came to boiling, one of the eggs cracked so I had to get rid of that one - then, after boiling, couldn't peel the other one.

Ended up scotching regular boiled eggs with a half/half mix of pork and minced prawn, garlic, ginger and fish sauce - served with a shitty packet salad (marked down to $1.50) dressed vietnamese style (rice wine vinegar, sugar, salt and fish sauce).  Served with extra prawns because there were leftovers.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Surf and turf is always a winner in my book so sitting down (on my old man recliner) to this dinner was a delight....a delicious delight. And, after watching that slightly off-putting YouTube clip I'm relieved we had this version. Biggs.