Monday 29 April 2013

Pad Thai (by G)

Part way though today I craved Pad Thai... so here it is.

I don't want to come across as a martyr, but this dish could have been so much better if only I'd made some preparations first instead of started cooking then moving on to the next thing that needed doing. As a result the chicken was a bit dry - also the noodles, they really have to be added as soon as they're drained or they get stodgy.

That said, I think the balance of the sauce was good (juice of one lemon, 1 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp of sugar).  The prawns were pretty well done, the mung bean sprouts didn't get in the way and we had crushed peanuts in the pantry which is almost never the case. 

I also thought pouring an egg over the noodles at the end could create a wierd texture but it was alright.

For anyone jumping straight in to see today's instalment you may notice the photo is sideways, Biggs is going to correct that tomorrow.




1 comment:

Biggs said...

I love love love love loved this. Pad Thai is in my Top 10 so it was a great surprise. Just when I was going to complain that there wasn't enough chilli G came out with the bottle of sriracha. In the end I declined to add any because I don't need another vice in my life.