Sunday 28 April 2013

Duck and Veg (by G)

We've had a duck carcass in the freezer for weeks - since I decided to make duck proscuito. I thought if I slow roasted the rest of the carcass and stripped the meat off the bone it would make a decent meal. Only problem is - without it's breasts or legs (I have no idea where they got to) there is not much meat on a duck so it was a challenge to get anything out of it.

To compliment the duck I fried off some red onion, reduced down some balsamic vinegar and a little strawberry jam.  The vegetables are pretty much all we have par boiled and fried off.

All in all I think death is on the cards for us.

2 comments:

Biggs said...

G's too hard on himself. The duck was super tasty and he did only have a carcass to work with. My last mouthful was pure crispy duck fat which will definitely kill me but is well worth it.

Biggs said...

I should also mention that I am awfully proud of G for using strawberry jam in a dish. He has a very strong aversion to fruit and anything sweet. He physically cringes when he sees anyone using something like honey or apples in a dish. So, well done him.