Sunday 22 December 2013

BBQed Everything (by Biggs)

Another night, another Christmas catch up with wonderful friends. Tonight I went to Bonnie's house to have dinner and drinks with her and her family. It was so good. Dinner was similar to last nights dinner but pimped up and turbo charged to the max. 

We had haloumi, chicken and non-chicken sausages, marinated chicken skewers, green salad, potato salad and, ever so delightfully, damper. I think it's been years since I've had damper and I hope never to go so long without it again. Just delicious. This one was a spinach and feta version with parmesan on top. 

I'm really sad that this photo didn't do the dinner justice but this was day four of champagne drinking so I hope I can be forgiven. What you may note in the photo is the very Christmas-y green colour of the damper. Bonnie had a damper vision that I suspect was more going to be chunky bits of spinach and feta kneaded throughout the dough but we got caught up in a WWJD (What would Jamie do?) argument which resulted in the whole lot being dumped a food processor. I thought it was fantastic but appreciate Bonnie's difference of opinion. 

I really can't express how much I enjoyed this dinner. But, I think company equaled the high quality of the food. 

Dessert was equally good with Bonnie cooking up a lemon cheesecake. My absolute favourite dessert flavour. I'm a happy girl.

No comments: