Monday 2 December 2013

Sausage and Onion Quiche (by G)

I like sausages, so I'm always looking for ways to incorporate sausages into dinner.  When I read that sausage and onion quiche was a real thing I decided to make that.

To make a Sausage and Onion Quiche all you have to do is blind bake some short-crust pastry - meanwhile, fry some red onions (I also used white because we had one left) then add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar (I wish I hadn't done that - there was no call for sugar).  Once the crust was blind baked I went to the corner store to get some eggs because I didn't realise we had run out... then I spread the onion onto the base of the quiche crust, then added lumps of sausage mince, then added a mix of eggs, cream, dried thyme and parmesan cheese.

I sometimes use a recipe more as a guideline rather than a strict step-by-step guide. This is a mistake.  For this recipe I added quite a bit too much cream - it meant that the quiche filling only just barely set, and made it quite rich.  I feel queasy and tingly as I write.

Luckily we had a side salad of lettuce, cucumber, capsicum, spring onions and capers to freshen things up a bit.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was super rich, I'm surprised we're still alive. But, super tasty. The sausage bit was the best bit.