Thursday 19 December 2013

Pork and Fragrant Salad (by G)

We have a lot of leftover green things so I decided early that I would make a salad of coriander, mint, snow peas, chilli (both red and I bought jalapenos), there was also some packet coleslaw leftover so I added that as well. 

I wasn't sure what meat to have with the salad but, predictably, went with pork. I salted the pork skin and roasted it in a marinade of soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, some mirin, a bit of yakatori marinade, ginger, garlic and jalapeno.  I cooked the pork according to the directions but the skin didn't crackle so I chucked it under a slow grill and got the crackling done.

When the pork was ready I dressed the salad with a mix of lime juice (from real lime), soy sauce, a dash of fish sauce, some brown sugar and some fresh ginger.

Sorry the meat in the picture looks a bit like sweaty yeti crotch - it tasted much better than it looks.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was a winner. Pretend healthy is my favourite type of healthy. The pig was cooked perfectly and the salad dressing was tops. Well done G.