Monday 9 December 2013

Biryani with Sausages (by G)

In an effort to use up some leftovers I used up the biryani leftovers from yesterday. I thought, perhaps, that two tandoori chicken lovely legs and some lamb was not quite enough meat so I fried off 8 pork chipolatas to mix in with the rice, also I fried an onion in ghee for more flavour. I also mixed in some coriander and parsley... and served it with a side of bitter melon chutney and some ricotta with the tandoori spice mix mixed through.

All-in-all it was a pretty happy expedition into the world of leftovers.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Biryani the next day is excellent. Another good version of a fried rice. I'm starting to think you can add anything to day old rice and it'll turn out a treat. The three meats certainly didn't hurt.