Thursday 12 December 2013

Roast Chicken and Vegetables (by G)

For an awesome (and secret) reason I need to practice my boning... but decided to make dinner instead. Hilarious...

Any-way, I bought a whole chicken and went at it with a selection of the sharpest knives in the house. I was pretty impressed with how I was going for most of the boning process but had difficulty getting the bones above the chicken's tail out - in the end I got frustrated and cut that section out with the skin attached, thereby screwing my original idea to stuff the chicken.

In the end I just oven baked her and crisped up the skin under the grill.  For sides I steamed a potato, a carrot, some corn and asparagus (I should probably say I over steamed them) and topped them with microwave heated packet chicken gravy.  It was awesome - like a cheap pub meal right in my own home. And no bones.


No comments: