Tuesday 17 December 2013

Pork and Pineapple Salsa Tortillas (by G)

One ingredient I am really not fond of is pineapple. I'm don't actually dislike it that much - it's just that people put it on everything and it's always so sweet and it's like tomatoes in that, if you heat it up, it will stay scalding hot for too long... however, I was watching some ladies magazine Christmas TV special on the weekend and they made pineapple salsa with pork - it looked pretty good so I thought I should tortillarise it.

Firstly I chopped some pork ribs into little cubes and fried it with some paprika, cumin, garlic powder and salt - then stuck them in the oven to slow roast.  The pork got a little dry and I was going to add some chicken stock to braise it - then I discovered that I had some left over marinade from last night so I added the pork to a watered-down version of that.

For the salsa I fine chopped some fresh pineapple (that's another thing - pineapple is so sticky) then added some fine chopped coriander, mint, green chilli and a squeeze of lime juice.

I was pretty impressed with these tortillas - mostly on account of the fact that they had pineapple and were not terrible.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

Magic. Just magic but I feel like we could have had a whole lot more pork.