Sunday 1 December 2013

Pork Fillet With Noodle Salad (by G)

I wanted a change from chicken, specifically I wanted a change to pork.  I don't often cook with pork fillet so I decided to try that.  I marinated the fillet in soy, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, chilli, brown sugar, fish sauce, lemon zest and juice.  Then I pan fried it. While the meat was resting I added the rest of the marinade and reduced it down.

I had meant to drizzle just the reduced sauce onto the meat but accidentally dumped the dark caramelised onion, garlic and ginger onto the meat - that was a good thing.

For a healthy accompaniment I boiled some delicious noodles, cooled them in some cold water, then mixed through some salad leaves, cucumber, spring onion and lemon juice.  I found some nice big capers to add to the salad... but forgot to add them.

Biggs took a look at dinner, went upstairs, vomited and then I didn't see her again...  I thought it was quite delicious.



1 comment:

Biggs said...

As a result of a situation referenced in the post I didn't eat this until the next afternoon but when I did it made me much happier about life. Such good pig.