Monday 16 December 2013

Korean Beef Salad (by G)

I figured that as Biggs eats the dinner she should get some input on what we have for dinner (just this once).  She wanted a Thai Beef Salad - which I thought was an excellent idea, but I think we've had that on the blog before. So I asked the Koreans what to do - they said, 'Bulgogi'.

Bulgogi (unless I am very much mistaken) is a dish of lettuce and cabbage topped with fried beef and onions. The beef and onions were marinated in Soy, Sugar, Sesame Oil, Garlic, Ginger, Sesame Seed (I used black ones), Chilli Powder (I used Sriracha) and Pepper - then fried.

The genius part of this dish is that you top the whole thing with a fried egg (I also topped it with fried shallot and fried garlic and some more sesame seeds).

This was awesome - I think Biggs would agree with me on that.  The one time we have something truly delicious and there were no leftovers - sad face.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was awesome. As a brother of mine once said, an egg on top is a sign of quality.

Whilst cooked cabbage isn't one of my favourites I fucking love raw cabbage, I love egg, I love chili, I love beef.

This was awesome.