Sunday 29 December 2013

Enchiladas (by Biggs)

Joss and Annetta have been staying with us since Christmas. It's been delightful to have their company and friends around to drink, swim and watch the cricket with. An added bonus is that they wanted to cook dinner for us one night and tonight is the night. Annetta is an excellent cook and Joss an excellent side-kick so I was very much looking forward to it. She asked if our household are fans of Mexican food and quickly realised she was going to have a very receptive audience.

After dinner Annetta explained the recipes to me so I could accurately update the blog but by this stage I'd had a bit to drink, a lot to eat and was already drifting off to sleep on the blow-up mattress in the lounge room. But, here is what I remember.

Served was a dinner of chicken enchilladas - leg chicken slow, slow cooked in a broth of spice, peppers and chilies, wrapped up in corn tortiallas with a generous amount of cheese melted on top. Joss cooked up some beans with some jalepenos and other goodness and it was served with a mango salasa with lime and mint.

Dinner was absolutely delicious and both G and I went back for seconds and thirds.


Annetta also did some baking which is pretty impressive in our shodey oven but she wrangled it and a batch of peanut butter cookies was served up for dessert.

1 comment:

G said...

There were a lot of enchiladas so I ate a lot of enchiladas. They were excellent and right on theme for the blog.

I only had one of the cookies (earlier) because I'm not a fan of the sweet stuff but they seemed very professional - surprising given that our oven is a bit shit.