Friday 20 December 2013

Deconstructed Caesar Salad (by G)

I didn't have any idea of what to have for dinner when I got to the supermarket but as I looked around I thought a sort of Caesar salad would be good. 

This version is a very simple and meaty version to be sure. A chicken steak seasoned in salt and pepper and fried along with a thick-ish slice of smoked pork.  I topped the chicken with parmesan and finished it under the grill.  The crouton was a slice of white bread spread with olive oil spread, sprinkled with parmesan and then fried. The actual salad was just half a cos lettuce.

When I came to serve it I realised I didn't have a dressing so I mixed some finely chopped coriander stalks though some kewpie mayonnaise thinned down with some apple cider vinegar.

It's a bit of a shame Biggs wasn't home for this one because it was most excellent. Maybe it was on account of the fact that I didn't expect too much from this dinner that I enjoyed it so much... and less than 10 minutes to prepare.



No comments: